|Way to Die #985|
|"A Chainus Runs Through It"|
|Name of the death is a pun on the book/film "A River Runs Through It" and Zeke's invention, "The Chainus"|
|"Zeke thought the Chainus would raise his career to new heights. It gave him a lift, but left him... hanging."|
|Date||August 2, 2001 - August 9, 2001|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Enter the Ferret"|
"I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"
"A Chainus Runs Through It", Way to Die #985, is the seventh death to be featured in "Enter the Ferret", which aired on March 12, 2012.
Zeke was a tattoo/piercing fetishist who was jealous of Verona, who was the most popular tattooist in his tattoo parlor, due to the reason she had a split tongue. It caught everyone's attention, but Zeke didn't like that. A man requests Zeke to tattoo "Warrior" in Chinese on his arm and Zeke does it. Well, not really. He actually tattooed "Douchebag". Even worse, the man was in a biker gang. But Zeke thought he would never figure out. The next week Zeke showed up with a chain in his mouth, through his digestive system and out his butt. He called it the "Chainus". The girls were disgusted. Right after that the burly biker returns and is furious because he found someone who knew Chinese. He chases Zeke down the street right after calling him a bastard, but then Zeke hides somewhere and loses the biker. He let out a huge sigh of relief, but then was faced with a bigger problem. He was unknowingly hiding in between the two prongs of a forklift (whose driver didn't see or hear Zeke), which pulled him up by his chain which caused the chain to become taut, which caused it to slice through his intestines and esophagus and caused his body cavity to fill with blood.
"Zeke managed to avoid the biker... but not the forklift."
"Chainus... is going to make me famous!"
Cast and Interviewees
- Jeffrey Damnit - Zeke (lead: intended victim)
- Verona Blue - Verona (lead: Zeke's co-worker)
- Inkerbella - Girl
- Paul Vinson - Biker
- Brandon Notch - Himself (Tattoo Artist/Shop Owner)
- Dr. Robert Pousman - Himself (Critical Care Medicine)
- Also called "Shredded Zeke" on the Spike TV website.
- This death was #1 in WatchMojo's "Top 10 1000 Ways to Die Deaths."
- In the German version, Brandon Notch's interview is extended where he talks about how he had a Jewish tattoo despite not being Jewish.
- Paul Vinson (who played the biker) was also a contestant on the game show Dog Eat Dog.
- The Chinese tattoo on the biker's arm that Zeke deliberately wrote (室袋浴) closely translates to "cleaning bag", which is close to the literal and original meaning of the word "douchebag".
- Shredded Zeke (Spike TV)
- Reacción en Cadena (Chain Reaction) - Latin American and Spanish dubs
- Kettenreaktion (Chain reaction) - German dub