"Amish-tinguished", Way to Die #645, is the second death to be featured in "Dying to Tell the Story", which aired on December 29, 2010.
An Amish boy named Jebediah (who was sent to the city as part of Rumspringa) is dragged into a Halloween party by some girls who thought that he was dressed up in a costume.
Jebediah is made to drink alcoholic beverages and becomes the life of the party, until he collapses and dies, sending him to heaven. Little did everyone, even Jebediah know, is that he was born without the enzyme needed to break down alcohol, ALDH2. Without this enzyme, the alcohol became a toxin and went into his system unbroken down, killing him.
Cast and Interviewees
- Kyle Schroeder - Jebediah (lead: intended victim, uncredited)
- Lexy Panterra - Halloween Party Girl
- David P. Johnson - Goth Bartender (uncredited)
- Benjamin Allen Ford - Party Boy
- Tiffany Pulvino - Barbie
- Collin Friesen - Amish Historian
- Jason Romero - EMT