|Way to Die #231|
|Name of the death is a pun on "asphyxiation" and "Asian"|
|"Hmmm... so let me get this straight: I was channel surfing. I came upon a weird Japanese game show. One of the contestants was a real bitch. Then she wound up dying. Well, that will make a good 1000 Ways to Die story. Maybe I'll mention it to the knucklehead producers. But right now, it's (yawns) naptime. (snoring)"|
|Date||August 12, 2006|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Ready Or Not, Here Comes Death"|
"Nine Inch Nailed"
"Asphyxi-Asian", Way to Die #231, is the first death featured in "Ready Or Not, Here Comes Death", which aired on February 23, 2011.
Ron Perlman, apparently off duty, relaxes at home in front of the television, and finds an episode of a Japanese game show. Two female contestants put on scuba gear to play a game. One of them has a mean and nasty attitude. The game involves the contestants to swim through hoops while carrying cantaloupes. The nasty-tempered contestant taunts the nicer one, who later gives up and wants air to breath. However, the nasty-tempered contestant dies from carbon monoxide poisoning. Truck exhaust fumes get sucked into her air tank while being filled, so much that the tanks filter fails to remove the exhaust.
"Wow! If you ask me, that looks like one dead Japanese game show contestant! I wonder what could've caused her to die?"
- Hunter Ellis - Scuba Diver
- Dai Jeie - Nasty-tempered Contestant (lead: intended victim)
- This way to Die is seen through the POV of the narrator while he was channel surfing through an infomercial and a nature show, stopping to the game show he watches.
- One of the Africa shots from the African't segment was seen in the beginning.
- This death is similar to Doggie Styled (at the end of the same episode), where Ron Perlman doesn't narrate the death, but proceeds to act like a different person.