"Asphyxi-Asian", Way to Die #231, is the first death featured in "Ready Or Not, Here Comes Death", which aired on February 23, 2011.
Ron Perlman, apparently off duty, relaxes at home in front of the television, and finds an episode of a Japanese game show. Two female contestants put on scuba gear to play a game. One of them has a mean and nasty attitude, that contestant makes the presenter asks how to say "mean nasty bitch" in Japanese. The game involves the contestants to swim through hoops while carrying cantaloupes. The nasty-tempered contestant taunts the nicer one, who later gives up and rises up to the surface to want to breathe air. However, the nasty-tempered contestant dies, the unexpected death cause interest in the presenter how she died. Before to the recording, A Truck exhaust fumes get sucked into her air tank while being filled, so much that the dirty tank filter fails to remove the exhaust, she uses the contaminated air tank, who makes her die from carbon monoxide poisoning, leaving the host, the other contestant, and the audience horrified. The segment ends with Ron Perlman saying that will be a good 1000 Ways to Die story and will say to the producers before falling asleep.
"Wow! If you ask me, that looks like one dead Japanese game show contestant! I wonder what could've caused her to die!"
- Hunter Ellis - Scuba Diver
- Dai Jeie - Nasty-tempered Contestant (lead: intended victim)
- This way to Die is seen through the POV of the narrator while he was channel surfing through an infomercial and a nature show, stopping to the game show he watches.
- One of the Africa shots from the African't segment was seen in the beginning.
- Bush Whacked and Onesie & Donesie can be seen at the beginning of the segment.
- This death is similar to Doggie Styled (at the end of the same episode), where Ron Perlman doesn't narrate the death, but proceeds to act like a different person.