|Way to Die #830|
|Name of the death is a pun on "ass" and "explosion"|
|"There's an expression in sports: no guts, no glory. Angus dropped his guts, missed out on the glory, and finished the competition...dead last!"|
|Date||January 4, 2001|
|Location||Del Mar, California|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death, The Final Frontier"|
"Ass-Plosion", Way to Die #830, is the fifth death featured in "Death, The Final Frontier", which aired on July 15, 2012, as part of the series finale.
A Scottish bodybuilder named Angus plays dirty against his opponents in a "Strongest Man" competition, by greasing the handles of one guy's weights, and throwing insults at the other guy, making them both drop what they were lifting. When he lifts up a large rock, the pressure caused by his body expels his weak anal sphincter and intestines out through his rectum. Angus screams in horror, and as a result, he dies from a massive heart attack caused by the shock of seeing his own organs, sending the cheating strong man to hell where he belongs.
Cast and Interviewees
- Adam Hebb - Angus - Strongman (lead: intended victim)
- Scott Brengel - Strength Athlete (Only in German version)
- Dr. Boyd Flinders - Surgeon
- Strongman's Sad Day (Spike TV)
- Competitive Cheater
- One Gut Who Got Out
- Frisch gepresst (Freshly squeezed) - German dub
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
- "A competitor in the World’s Strongest Man competition overexerts himself and blows his bowels straight out of his butt."
- While the CGI version demonstrates Angus's death, the Howie scream appears to be used when the CGI version of Angus was screaming. This makes this the final death in the series to feature the Howie scream.
- In the German version, the date is January 26, 2001. It also has an interviewee talking about possible injuries that could happen in weight lifting from rupturing biceps to dropping weights on their heads.
- Scott Brengel's interview was possibly removed from the US version due to time cuts.
- This is the Last Death that took Place In California and the final death in the series that is so flat-out scary.
- Blood appears on Angus' leg before his guts fall out.
- During the X-Ray shot, his head clips with the rock.