"Back Stabbed", Way to Die #869, is the fourth death to be featured in "Putting A Smiley Face On Death", which aired on September 14, 2010, and the second death to be featured in the Death By Request: Special episode, which aired on October 24, 2011.
Viking king Nygard decided to go on a marauding campaign to leave his brother Mort in charge. With Nygard away, Mort made a party celebration by having sex with women. When the queen tried to shut it down, Mort told the other women to get out of here and he threw her down and raped her, thinking that he was the king she knew. Over the next few months, Mort was having his way with her until Nygard returned and caught him in the act, unleashing his berserker rage. He then orders his men to seize him and order an execution. Nygard took Mort's life by performing a blood eagle (Which is something the former calls the worst way of teaching the latter life). He slices Mort's back and pulls out his lungs (resembling wings, hence the name), which shriveled up due to the exposed air, causing Mort to suffocate and sending the treacherous Viking straight to Helheim (the Norse equivalent of Hell).
Cast and Interviewees
- Kieron Elliott - King Nygard (lead)
- Seth Cassell - Mort (lead: intended victim)
- Kat Hawkes - Viking Queen
- Skip Wilder - Himself (Viking Expert)
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Himself (Physical Medicine and Rehab)
- Puñal por la espalda (Dagger on the back) - Latin American dub
- Puñalada por la Espalda (Back Stab) - Spanish dub
- Apunhalado pelas Costas (Stabbed in the Back/Stabbed on the Back) - Brazilian dub
- Also called "Blood Eagle" on the Spike TV website.
- This death scene is awarded the "Best Historical Death" in the Death By Request: Special episode.
- This is the earliest death to be featured in the whole of Season 3, since it takes place in the 10th Century.