"Bank Ruptured", Way to Die #756, is the second death to be featured in "Cure for the Common Death, Part I", which aired on March 22, 2009.
A man named Pierre has an eating disorder known as Pica Syndrome (a condition in which people crave things that are not edible). Pierre had a craving for metal coins, and even ate the tag from his pet dog's collar. Several weeks later, pain begins to build in Pierre's stomach as the weight of the metal objects was forcing Pierre's stomach against his pelvis. The hospital does an emergency surgery on Pierre's stomach, but it is too late because the metal objects in his stomach had lacerated large veins and arteries and eventually, his stomach ruptured and his entire blood supply (including the objects) leaked into his abdomen. Pierre died before a stomach transplant could be performed.
"Of all the stories that have passed through the 1000 Ways to Die research department, this one wins the medal of weirdness."
Cast and Interviewees
- Jordana Mansbacher - Eating Disorder Specialist
- John Leanner - Pierre (lead: intended victim)
- Blood Money
- Estomago Roto (Ripped Stomach) - Portuguese dub
- Ruptura (Ruptured) - Spanish dub
- Geld macht nicht glücklich (Money can't buy happiness) - German dub
- Estomago en Bancarrota (Stomach in Bankrupt) - Latin American dub
- This is the second death that occurred in France and a death without seeing the body of the victim.