|Way to Die #457|
|Name of the death is a pun on "blended"|
|"Arlene thought she could live forever. Instead, she found a different forever: death."|
|Date||September 19, 1998|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Cat Got Your Life"
"Lost In Transfusion"
"Blend-Dead", Way to Die #457, is the fifth death featured in "Death Watch", which aired on January 27, 2010.
Arlene was a very loving gardener, hoping to keep herself from aging. She thought that blending juices with wheat grass would do the trick. Little did she know that her wheat grass was toxic. Once in a while, while Arlene was away, her landlord would spray rat poison everywhere in her garden, including the wheat grass. Unaware of her landlord's actions, she consumed her blended juices anyway, but eventually, she would feel sick to her stomach. She thought more blended juices would cure the problem, but the wheat grass was still poisoned. Eventually, Arlene died while on her exercise ball after the rat poison's toxins caused internal bleeding, and a brain hemorrhage.
"Every day began with the sound of her blender mixing up another immortal cocktail. But the more she drank, the sicker she was becoming. Never suspecting the source of her discomfort was the home-brewed mega-juice, Arlene kept knocking them down, hoping this would make her feel better."
- Vanessa Vander Pluym - Arlene (lead:intended victim)
- In the United States, a landlord is not legally obligated to tend to a tenant’s garden without their permission. This prevents situations such as this one from happening.