|Way to Die #622|
|Name of the death is a pun on "book worms" and "brain"|
|"It was too late for Monica to grasp that she was dying for trusting a wannabe metro-sexual. And all she had done was eat his salad."|
|Date||December 21, 1978|
|Location||General Hospital |
San Francisco, California
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"The Lighter Side of Death"|
"Brain Worms", Way to Die #622, is the second death featured in "The Lighter Side of Death", which aired on March 1, 2009.
A couple Monica and Hans, eat live snails and ingest "Angiostrongylus cantonensis", parasites that travel through their bloodstreams to their brains, where they feed on their brain matter until the couple dies a week later (with Hans telling Monica that he's a closet homosexual trying to get more closet time just before the two die, she says "I hate you." softly, but when he says "I hate...", he died and then Monica died).
- In the Spanish version, this death takes place in Flint, Michigan.
Cast and Interviewees
- Amber Kaplan - Infectious Disease Specialist
- Scott Smith - Hans (intended victim)
- Nina Smith - Monica (intended victim)
- Gusanos Come Cerebros (Brain Eater Worms) - Latin American dub
- Cerebro de Lombriz (Brain Worm) - Spanish dub