|Way to Die #345|
|Name of the death is a pun on "bushwhack"|
|"In this battle between man and nature, Bobby went in unarmed.... and never came out."|
|Date||May 21, 2008|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Young, Dumb, and Full of Death"|
"Bush Whacked", Way to Die #345, is the seventh and final death featured in "Young, Dumb, and Full of Death", which aired on November 9, 2010.
Bobby was a couch potato who watches survival shows. He kept track of everything he heard from the TV. Being a unfathomably ignorant man, Bobby thinks he can go out and try this on his own. Bobby drives out into the woods and begins to film his documentary, making his own spring mix salad out of plants found nearby and begins eating them. Bobby soon collapses to the ground in pain and dies, not knowing that the plants he included in his salad were actually poisonous and delivered a triple threat whammy. The salad he ate contained oleander (which affects the cardiovascular system and causes heart palpitations), foxglove (which affects the digestive system and causes vomiting and diarrhea), and hemlock (the most poisonous plant in the world).
"Things that looked good enough to eat on TV... can turn out to be bad enough to kill you. In real life."
- Brian Drake - Wildlife Biologist
- Erin Tripp - Botanist
- This death is moderately based on the death of a Toronto citizen named Richard Code, who did something similar after watching episodes of Survivorman.
- A picture of a hemlock tree was mistakenly shown while recapping the poisonous plants, however it is actually Conium Maculatum, a member of the carrot species, that is actually the famed poisonous hemlock plant.
- The notes that Bobby wrote down said to "Punch Mother Nature in the face," "drink urine," "eat bear fetus" and "eat plants"
- The beginning of this segment is shown at the beginning of Asphyxi-Asian.
- This death created 2 sequels, Bush Whacked 2: South of the Border, and Bush Whacked 3: Waxed Off.