"Bush Whacked", Way to Die #345, is the seventh and final death featured in "Young, Dumb, and Full of Death", which aired on November 9, 2010.
Bobby was a couch potato who watches survival shows. He kept track of everything he heard from the TV. Being a unfathomably ignorant man, Bobby thinks he can go out and try this on his own. Bobby drives out into the woods and begins to film his documentary, making his own spring mix salad out of plants found nearby and begins eating them. Bobby soon collapses to the ground in pain and dies, not knowing that the plants he included in his salad were actually poisonous and delivered a triple threat whammy. The salad he ate contained oleander (which affects the cardiovascular system and causes heart palpitations), foxglove (which affects the digestive system and causes vomiting and diarrhea), and hemlock (the most poisonous plant in the world).
"Things that looked good enough to eat on TV... can turn out to be bad enough to kill you. In real life."
Cast & Interviewees
- Brian Drake - Wildlife Biologist
- Erin Tripp - Botanist
- Chris Moss - TV Guide Host
- Ethan Newberry - Bobby (lead: intended victim)
- This death is moderately based on the death of a Toronto citizen named Richard Code, who did something similar after watching episodes of Survivorman.
- A picture of a hemlock tree was mistakenly shown while recapping the poisonous plants, however it is actually Conium Maculatum, a member of the carrot species, that is actually the famed poisonous hemlock plant.
- The notes that Bobby wrote down said to "Punch Mother Nature in the face," "drink urine," "eat bear fetus" and "eat plants"
- The beginning of this segment is shown at the beginning of Asphyxi-Asian.
- This death created 2 sequels, Bush Whacked 2: South of the Border, and Bush Whacked 3: Waxed Off.
- Bobby (the victim from Bush Whacked) is the only innocent victim in the entire Bush Whacked trilogy, as the victims of the sequels were very bad people (Ricardo and Jorge from Bush Whacked 2: South of the Border were two Mexican drug and arms dealers who were members of a dangerous Mexican drug cartel and stole a large amount of drugs from their boss and Nancy from Bush Whacked 3: Waxed Off was a notorious xenophobic madam, who treated Asians very badly (in this case the two Thai woman who owns the spa where Nancy died) and who was a typical example of an Alpha Bitch).
- It has 1 more prequel which is Bush Whacked 4: Disaster Struck. However, this is just a given title from the Spike Website.