|Way to Die #771|
|"Caught in a Lye"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "caught in a lie"|
|"Andris was a toxic criminal, who knowingly destroyed the environment. When he got caught, instead of telling the truth, his "lye" came right up in his face."|
|Date||September 25, 2001|
|Location||The Czech Republic|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death Takes A Vacation"|
"Caught in a Lye", Way to Die #771, is the fourth death featured in "Death Takes A Vacation", which aired November 14, 2011.
A chemical plant owner named Andris lies to safety inspectors about his waste disposal practices, which is very important since his plant was in charge of turning Bauxite into Alumina, the first step in creating Aluminum. When one of them notices a pipe leaking hazardous sodium hydroxide solution, also known as lye, He tries to stop the leak by closing a valve.
"If the inspectors caught this [the leaky pipe], his plant would be shut down, and Andris would be ruined."
However, the chemical spews all over him, destroying his skin and body tissues.
"Instead... he just lost face."
Cast and Interviewees
- Tibor Ambra - Andris (lead:intended victim)
- Mark Motyl - Czech Inspector #1 (lead)
- Rebecca Brink - Czech Inspector #2 (lead)
- Also called "Mud Fried" on the Spike TV website.
- This is the first and only death that takes place in the Czech Republic.
- Andris was shown driving a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe while being interrogated by the Inspectors. The death was set on 2001 and the SUV was never been sold in Czech Republic.