|Way to Die #288|
|Name of the death is a pun on the dance troupe Chippendales, the American politician "Michael Chippendale" and the tv cartoon characters, "Chip and Dale"|
|"Is there a lesson to be learned from all this carnage? If you're this stupid, maybe you deserved to die." (US Version)
"Is there a lesson to be learned from all this carnage? Yes, there most certainly is: Don't put your feet into a wood chipper." (UK Version)
|Date||August 11, 2003|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Hang Dunked/Mail Order Fried"
"Chippin' Dale", Way to Die #288, is the second death to be featured in "Unforced Errors", which aired on February 8, 2009.
Tiny and Dale are two tree removal workers clearing brush in the 110-degree heat of the Sonoran Desert. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it; they just wish it wasn't them. They get the last of the branches to the top of the hill and the last job before heading home: chipping the branches. However, the last branch gets stuck. The two are anxious to get home, sip a case of cold ones and catch a cage match back at Tiny's. Dale tries shoving the branch through with his feet, and in the process, learns the hard way: a machine made to destroy tree limbs can also destroy human limbs. Dale is sucked into the chipper, until he is reduced to nothing more than ground chuck/minced meat, much to the horror of Tiny as he gets a blood shower from his shredded remains.
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Physical Medicine & Rehab
- If one reads Dale's lips, he says "Oh, F**k!" as he's shredded by the machine.
- Why didn't Tiny turn off the machine? No one knows. It even shows a clip of the power handle which was covered in blood but still functional.
- The company that created the wood chipper is named "Beers". This may be a reference to Thom Beers, the original narrator of the show.
- There is no CG skeleton model showing how he died.
- Might be based on an actual death in Colorado in 2005 and another death in 2006 in Pleasant Prairie. Link: https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/man-killed-in-wood-chipper-identified Second link: https://journaltimes.com/news/local/kenosha-man-s-death-calls-attention-to-need-for-wood/article_03c3ff1e-1cb0-5424-9b97-9184d21f4453.html
- Tiny calls Dale "Jesse" at the very beginning of the skit despite himself and the narrator never calling him that again.
- this happened in a treehouse of horror
- In the Death By Request: Special, the narrator calls this death Chip N’ Dale.
- Wood Shredder
- Chip N' Dale (The Deathies)
- Triturando a Dale (Grinding Dale) - Latin American dub
- Por las Ramas (For the Branches) : Latin American dub (The Deathies)
- Picadillo a lo Dale (Mincemeat of Dale) - Spanish dub
- Restlos kleingekriegt (Completely small) - German dub