|Way to Die #616|
|Name of the death is a pun on "cock-a-doodle-doo" and "die"|
|"Abusing animals for entertainment has been around for a long time. With guys like Maldito out of the picture, maybe it won't be much longer."|
|Date||May 19, 2007|
|Location||Santa Fe, New Mexico|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Putting a Happy Face on Death"|
"Cock-A-Doodle Die", Way to Die #616, is the second death to be featured in "Putting a Happy Face on Death", which aired on December 30, 2009.
Fernando matches up with a man nicknamed "Maldito" ("The Wicked One" in Spanish) in an illegal cock fight, hoping to put some food on the table for his family with the help of his prize rooster, "Corazón" ("Heart" in Spanish). Maldito's rooster "El Caliente" ("The Hot One" in Spanish), was a seasoned killer/murderer; Corazón was ultimately outmatched. In a blur of claws and feathers, El Caliente wins the match and Corazón is killed. But while the crowd erupts with approval, Fernando's grief was replaced with suspicion; upon closer inspection, he spots tiny razors hidden on the back of El Caliente's talons, meaning that Maldito had cheated all along. Fernando spread the word and the crowd turned into an angry mob and chased Maldito around the room. Maldito couldn't find a way to escape. He stumbled and fell. But just as the mob was about to attack and kill him, El Caliente gets there first, having turned against his owner; he slashed Maldito's throat with his hidden razors, cutting open the jugular vein. Maldito bleeds out and dies within seconds.
Cast and Interviewees
- Slim Khezri - Spectator
- Jules Sylvester - Wild Animal Trainer/Wrangler
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Physical Medicine & Rehab
- This is so far the only death where it was fictional until someone actually died like this. In 2011, Jose Luis Ochoa died after being stabbed in the leg at a cockfight in Tulare County, California U.S., by one of the birds that had a knife attached to its limb. This true story was made in 2011 after this episode segment in 2009. This would happen again in Out to Launch in which a similar death happened to a man named Tobias.
- Corazón is the first named animal death in the series.
- Razored Rooster (Spike TV)
- Gallo de la Muerte (Rooster of Death) - Latin American dub
- Kikirikí, muerte para ti (Cock-A-Doodle-Doo, Death for you) - Spanish dub