|Way to Die #107|
|Name of the death is a pun on "cop out"|
|"A bad cop is a blight upon society. They're supposed to serve and protect, not use and abuse. Officer Dan did everyone a favor by taking himself out."|
|Date||April 30, 2007|
|Location||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Locked and Low Dead"|
"Cop Out", Way to Die #107, is the fourth death to be featured in "Locked and Low Dead", which aired on February 29, 2012.
A bitter and corrupt police officer named Dan is forced to watch over a group of juvenile delinquents who are being forced to remove graffiti as part of their community service. After yelling at the teenagers, he proceeds to his police car where he gets high off of paint thinner. In a delusional rage, he gets out of the car and points his handgun at the teenagers. However, he ends up dropping the gun but as he goes to retrieve it, he accidentally shoots himself in the head due to his impaired motor skills, blasting the entire back of his head off and killing him instantly, as we see a fountain of blood and brains splatter everywhere, while we also see several pieces of torn skin tissue, and bone alongside this bloody mess.
Cast and Interviewees
- Dave Klec - Officer Dan (lead: intended victim)
- Dr. Caroline Caro - Herself (Molecular Biologist)
- Also called "High Authority" on the Spike TV website.
- This along with Re-Coiled, and Dead-dy Dearest is another accidental suicide.
- It is based on the death of Lee Miars who accidentally shot himself while using the gun as a prop to tell his story.
- This is one of the only two deaths to occur on the day of 30th, having occured on the month of April. Tunnel Vision (Way to Die #99) is another death, this death however occured on the month of May.
- High Authority (Spike TV)
- Maniac Cop
- Poli-Traumatismo (Word play on "Policia" and "Traumatismo") - Latin American and Spanish Dubs