"Cop Out", Way to Die #107, is the fourth death to be featured in "Locked and Low Dead", which aired on February 29, 2012.
A corrupt cop is sent to supervise teenagers painting graffiti. The cop soon gets bored and decides to get high on the teens' paint thinner. In a state of euphoria, he comes down from his patrol, pointing his pistol at the young men. He drops it and when he reaches down to grab it, he shoots himself in the brain
A bitter and corrupt police officer named Dan is forced to watch over a group of juvenile delinquents who are being forced to remove graffiti as part of their community service. After yelling at the teenagers, he proceeds to his police car where he gets high off of paint thinner. In a delusional rage, he gets out of the car and points his handgun at the teenagers. However, he ends up dropping the gun but as he goes to retrieve it, he accidentally shoots himself in the head due to his impaired motor skills, blasting the entire back of his head off and killing him instantly, turning him from a bad cop to a dead cop and leaving the police force with one less corrupt official to worry about.
"Dan was lucky the gun didn't go off, but when he picked it up, not so lucky."
Cast and Interviewees
- Dave Klec - Officer Dan (lead: intended victim)
- Dr. Caroline Caro - Herself (Molecular Biologist)
- Also called "High Authority" on the Spike TV website.
- This along with Re-Coiled, and Dead-dy Dearest is another accidental suicide, coincidentally they all result in the victim being fatally shot
- It is based on the death of Lee Miars who accidentally shot himself while using the gun as a prop to tell his story.
- This is one of the only two deaths to occur on the day of 30th, having occured on the month of April. Tunnel Vision (Way to Die #99) is another death, this death however occured on the month of May.
- The name of death makes a reference to the movie called Cop Out
- The gun that dan was shot in the brain is a Glock 18 But in the next scene where he drops it is changed to a Beretta 92
- High Authority (Spike TV)
- Maniac Cop
- Poli-Traumatismo (Word play on "Policia" and "Traumatismo") - Latin American and Spanish Dubs