|Way to Die #528|
|"D. U. Die"|
|Name of the death is a pun on D. U. I. (Driving under the influence) and dud.|
|"Drinking and driving don't mix. That's a heads up for all of you."|
|Date||August 4, 2000|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Bringing in the Dead"|
"D. U. Die", Way to Die #528, is the first death featured in "Bringing in the Dead", which aired on January 6, 2010.
Amos and Larry were a couple of mental annorexists driving a station wagon, drunk, and not even wearing seat belts. While driving 60 MPH(96 km/h) after drinking two six packs of alcohol, Larry felt carsick, and leaned out his driver's-side window to vomit, not knowing that he was causing the car to swerve toward a street's edge, where his head was in the way of a mailbox. He gets decapitated after his head hits the mailbox. Amos didn't know that Larry was dead at first after the impact, but after pulling him to his side, he was horrified.
The lesson learned
- Idiot Alert!!! Drinking and Driving is very illegal and very stupid!
- Dr. Shetal Desai - Pharmacist
- Dr. D. J. Green - Trauma Surgeon
- Brian Manterat - Amos (lead)
- Nigel Yansber - Larry (lead: intended victim)
- In 2004, Francis "Franky" Brohm was leaning out of a car window and got decapitated by a telephone pole support wire. The car's intoxicated driver, John Hutcherson drove nearly 12 miles (19 km) to his home with the headless body in the passenger seat, parked the car in his driveway, then went to bed. A neighbour saw the bloody corpse still in the car and notified police. Brohm's head was later discovered at the accident scene. Link: http://www.wistv.com/story/2234401/ga-man-charged-with-vehicular-homicide-dui-after-passenger-decapitated-by-wire/
- After Larry was decapitated, the car drove as normal and eventually stopped without harming Amos. However, since Larry was the driver, the car technically should've lost control and crashed.