"DWI: Dying While Intoxicated", Way to Die #618, is the fifth death to be featured in "Today's Special: Death", which aired on August 1, 2011.
Tina, Shelly and Jessica were three divorcees who enjoy drinking and smoking. If the booze ran out, they take turns driving to the liquor store to get some more liquor. It was Jessica's turn, but Jessica can't drive her car because a recent D.U.I arrest resulted in her car being impounded and her license being suspended. She has only one choice: drive her mower. As she sets out, destroying every lawn ornament in her path and blowing a stop sign at 4 mph(6.4 km/h), a police officer was hot on her trail while telling her to stop the mower (which he mistakes for a tractor) and the way Jessica could escape is go off the road. The plan worked, except that the mower hit the rock, making her fall off the mower. Jessica is too stunned and drunk to react in time, at which point the mower turns back towards her and proceeds to kill her by scraping her to death. By the time the police officer arrives and is about to arrest her, all he can do is to watch in shock of Jessica's death as her blood splatted all over the screen.
"With a top speed of 4 miles per hour, her only choice was to go off-road. That's when she hit rock bottom."
Cast and Interviewees
- Alina Andrei - Jessica (lead: intended victim)
- Simone McAlonen - Tina
- Laura Meadows - Shelly
- Deputy Tom (Police Officer)
- Dr. Boyd Flinders (Surgeon)
- Mow-ing Violation (Spike TV website)
- "A sexy southern girl taking a tractor to the liquor store leads a cop on a slow-speed-chase until she ends up in the whirling blades herself." (Spike TV website)
- The date and location used for this death is exactly the same as Gum's the Word.
- It is based off the death of 63 year old Willie Werling. He was cutting the grass when he veered off the cart path down the hill while he was moving from one hole to the next. The sheriff's office said that when he fell off, the mower rolled on top of him and killed him.
- Unters Messer gelegt (Put under the knife) - German dub
- Embriaguez letal (lethal drunkness) - brazilian dub
- Conductora Podada (Mowed Driver) - Latin American dub