|Way to Die #91|
|Name of the death is a pun on "decaffinated"|
|Date||March 29, 1974|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Hard Lives, Easy Deaths"|
"De-Coffinated", Way to Die #91, is the third death to be featured in "Hard Lives, Easy Deaths", which aired on May 21, 2008.
Two brothers are fighting over a land dispute. When one of the brothers pushes the other to the ground, the brother on the ground (James) is infuriated and plans revenge. He seeks out a witch doctor and asks him to poison his brother with "tetrodotoxin". Two days later, James is believed to be dead. But, he is actually paralyzed in a zombie-like state, and he cannot move or scream. James could only watch in horror as he is being buried alive. Some time later, two grave robbers dig out his coffin, but when they see his corpse, they flee in shock. Turns out, James's paralysis has worn off, and he tried to claw his way out, wearing his fingers down to the bone, before succumbing to suffocation.
- Dr. Cyrus Rangan - Director of Toxics Epidemiology Program Los Angeles County
- It is based on the vudu zombie in Haiti.
- This is the only death that appears in the intro in the newer 1,000 Ways to Die episodes, starting with Unforced Errors.
- this is similar to the supposed death of clairvius narcisse
- Casket Away
- Vergiftet, Vergraben, Verzweifelt (Poisoned, Buried, Desperate) - German dub