"Dead-dy Dearest", Way to Die #172, is the seventh and final death to be featured in "If You're Dead – Leave a Message and We'll Get Back to You", which aired on January 5, 2011.
Mike is a stubborn and overprotecting father to his daughter, Megan, considering he was a war vet back in the day. His stubborn behavior scared her mother away, but Megan was stuck with him; lately, it was difficult for her to keep a boyfriend. One night, Megan and her new boyfriend, Nick are studying in Megan's room. When Mike hears some giggling in her room, he brings out a gun and shoots it at Nick, which turns out to be a joke, because Mike put blank bullets in the gun, but when he tries to demonstrate by pointing the gun at his own head and firing with blank bullet, the joke is soon after on him: he ironically dies due to the pressurized force of the blank striking so close to his temple that it causes brain hemmorage, and Megan and her boyfriend are left horrified by his lifeless corpse.
"The bad thing about cruel practical jokes... sometimes they can blow up in your face."
Cast and Interviewees
- Mike McCann - Mike Lamb (lead: intended victim)
- Ashley Watkins - Megan (lead)
- Brian Dewar McNamara - Nick (lead)
- Dr. Marc Kern - Himself (clinical psychologist)
- Peter Leffe - Himself (ballistics expert)
- Blank Point (Spike TV)
- Amor a las balas. (Love to the bullets.) - Latin American dub
- It has been based on the death of actor Jon Erik Hexum, who shot himself with a gun firing blanks, resulting in him dying from head trauma.
- This is the final death that appears in the Pluto TV airing of 1000 Ways to Die.
- This is the final death Season 3.