|Way to Die #197|
|Name of the death is a pun on "deadeye"|
|"Mr. Jacousky's fatal error costing his life. But one rule he followed to the very end... Keep your eye on the javelin."
"Mr. Jacousky's fatal error cost him his life." (Death By Request)
|Date||May 15, 1993|
|Location||Milhouse High |
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Dead and Deader"|
"Samurai Death Squad"
"Dead Eye", Way to Die #197, is the fifth death to be featured in "Dead and Deader", which aired on February 15, 2009.
Coach Jacousky, a high school physical education teacher, teaches a group of tired, unenthusiastic students how to throw a javelin. After the students do a shoddy job of throwing, Coach Jacousky demonstrates in front of the students, making an impressive throw. Running to retrieve it, he turns his head around and yells "That's how you do it!" to the students, only to turn his head back around...and impale his right eye through the javelin's exposed edge. The javelin is then driven into his brain, causing fatal brain hemorrhaging and death, sending him to heaven. The students react in disgust when they run to the coach, with one of them taking pictures.
"If he wasn't such a blow-hard, he'd still be winning arm wrestling bets at the local sports bar. But Jacousky forgot the one lesson teachers have been screaming for all eternity: pay attention."
"Mr. Jacousky's fatal error cost him his life." - (Death By Request)
- Stabbin' by a Javelin
- Ojo Mortal (Mortal Eye) - Latin American dub
- Ojo Muerto - Latin American dub (The Deathies)
- Donde pone el Ojo (Where it put the Eye) - Spanish dub
- Sportlicher abgang (Sporty disposal) - German dub
- This death scene is awarded the "Best Sports Death" in the "Death By Request" Special.
- This is based on the death of Jon Desborough in 1999, in Liverpool.
- Anachronisms: While one of the students takes a picture of Coach Jacousky, he uses a cellular phone with a built-in camera. In 1993, camera phones didn't exist yet. He could have used an ordinary pocket camera to take the picture.
- Anachronisms: Modern day cars can be seen in the background.
- Crew or Equipment Visible: When the students react over the teacher's death, the cameraman's shadow can be seen passing over them.
- Scott Ganyo - Coach Jacousky (lead: intended victim)
- Dr. S. Thomas Carmichael - Neurologist