"Deadliest Catch", Way to Die #283, is the sixth death featured in "Death Be Not Stupid", which aired on March 15, 2009.
An easily agitated electrician named Randall tries his hand at fishing to calm his nerves/anger, but is frustrated by not being able to make a catch. Randall strings a 12,000 volt electrical wire into the lake in order to kill the fish as he laughs evilly while asking God if he did see what he was doing, but accidentally steps barefoot off the wooden boat seat onto the metal of the boat floor, electrocuting himself and killing him instantly.
"I'm not a fisherman, I'm an electrician!"
-Randall, about to make the dumbest decision of his life
- This segment was not to be confused with Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch."
- Also not features any CGI recreations.
- Ironically, Deadliest Catch was made by the same person that created 1,000 Ways to Die (Thom Beers).
- This death is related to a scene in The Simpsons: Movie, where Bart recalls a fishing trip when Homer used a zapper to electrocute the fish.
- this is based off the death of a Ukrainian man
- Electorcuted Fisherman
- Fished To Death
- La Atrapada Mortal - Latin American dub
- Pesca Mortal (Mortal Fishing) - Spanish dub