|Way to Die #159|
|"Death of Sum Young Guy"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "death of some young guy" and "sum"|
|A funny thing about Mike's Chinese food related heart attack. An hour later, he wanted to die again!|
|Date||January 19, 2009|
|Location||San Diego, California|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Death of Sum Young Guy", Way to Die #159, is the third death to be featured in "Fatal Distractions", which aired on October 5, 2010.
Big Mike was a man who loved eating, especially at buffets. Big Mike then walked into an All You Can Eat Chinese buffet. He then went on binge eating Chinese food, which was loaded with MSG (monosodium glutamate). Mike stopped only once when he was choking after a fifth plate of spare ribs. The owner of the buffet, however, saved him from choking and he resumed eating. After he was done stuffing his face, Mike did not pay the owner a tip and grab a bunch of fortune cookies to eat as he leaves, and the owner tell him not to come back. But while leaving, Mike suffered from a fatal heart attack induced by an MSG overdose and dropped dead to the floor, cracking his head like a giant egg yolk. The owner then tried to wake Mike up, thinking that he fainted.
- James Shin
- Dr. Reza Jamehdor
- Isaac Lennea - Mike (lead: intended victim)
- This is based off the myth of MSG causing harm.
- The narrator said that the story was set on Friday, but January 19, 2009 was on a Monday.
- All He Could Eat (Spike TV)
- Comer hasta Morir, Amigo (Eat to Die, Buddy) - Latin American dub
- Muerte Agridulce (Bittersweet Death) - Spanish dub
- glutão mono cardíco (mono-cardic-gluton) - Brazilian dub