"Death of Sum Young Guy", Way to Die #159, is the third death to be featured in "Fatal Distractions", which aired on October 5, 2010.
Big Mike was a man who loved eating, especially at buffets. Big Mike then walked into an All You Can Eat Chinese buffet. He then went on binge eating Chinese food, which was loaded with MSG (Monosodium glutamate), a flavor enhancing chemical which is normally harmless but has been researched into its potential to result in people eating to excess.
Devouring any food he could get his hands on, Big Mike stopped only once when he was choking after a fifth plate of spare ribs. The owner of the buffet, however, saved him from choking and he resumed eating. After he was done stuffing his face, Mike did not pay the owner a tip and grabbed a bunch of fortune cookies to eat, and the owner told him to leave.
While leaving, Mike suffered from a sudden heart attack caused by the sheer amount of food and MSG he had gorged on. As he fell, the back of his head struck the ground, cracking his skull open like the shell of an egg. The owner of the restaurant approached and attempted to wake him up, but it was already too late.
Owner: "Don't come back!"
Narrator: "Don't worry, he won't."
- James Shin
- Dr. Reza Jamehdor
- Isaac Lennea - Mike (lead: intended victim)
- This is based off the myth of MSG causing harm.
- also a man died the same way
- The narrator said that the story was set on Friday, but January 19, 2009 was on a Monday.
- All He Could Eat (Spike TV)
- Comer hasta Morir, Amigo (Eat to Die, Buddy) - Latin American dub
- Muerte Agridulce (Bittersweet Death) - Spanish dub
- glutão mono cardíco (mono-cardic-gluton) - Brazilian dub
- bittersüßer Tod (Bittersweet Demise) - German dub