"Die-rect TV", Way to Die #420, is the fifth death to be featured in "Death – Putting The "Fun" In "Funeral", which aired on February 22, 2012.
Phillip, a New York squatter living in a condemned building, has been having trouble watching TV since broadcasting went digital in June of 2009. The thing of it is, he steals electricity to power his pad. His next-door neighbors are yuppies, who have cable. On this day, they are watching a 1000 Ways marathon, and the current episode in the marathon is "The End Is Weird". Phillip decides to tap their box by rigging their line undetected. However, after successfully rigging, Phillip slips and rolls down the building's fire escape, causing his screwdriver, which he held to open the cable box, to impale him through the mouth and sever his brain stem. His neighbors were horrified to see Phillip's corpse.
"The desperate squatter was about to tap into over a thousand channels with premium movies and 3D options at no cost. But, there's always... a hidden cost. In Phillip's case, his life."
- Zack Martin - Cable Installer
- David Svoboda - EMT
- On the TV, the neighbors were watching "Vom-Ate-Dead" (Way to Die #323) and "Hang Dunked" (Way to Die #284) from The End is Weird.
- In reality, there was never a 1000 Ways to Die marathon on this date.
- This is one of 2 deaths caused by screwdriver. The other is A Turn For The Purse.
- The segment number is #420, a number associated with weed.
- The death is set in 2009, but the deaths shown on TV were from The End is Weird, first released in 2010.
- Cable Mortal (Deadly Cable) - Latin American and Spanish dubs
- Flashbite (Spike TV)