|Way to Die #734|
|Name of the death is a pun on "diet"|
|"Darlene finally fit in a size 4 dress. Too bad she wore it...at her funeral."|
|Date||June 12, 2003 - September 3, 2003|
|Location||Darlene's House |
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death Be Not Stupid"|
"Die It", Way to Die #734, is the fourth death featured in "Death Be Not Stupid", which aired on March 15, 2009.
Darlene has an overweight problem. She was at 180 pounds. She tries many diet solutions, including eating cabbage, grapefruit, even chocolate, but nothing works. She tries one more solution: she orders tapeworm larvae online from Venezuela. She swallows the worms, and they make their way into Darlene's intestines. They eat everything that she was eating. Three weeks have passed since then, and Darlene has dropped six dress sizes and she has now lost sixty pounds, having become 120 pounds. However, the worms weren't finished--they eventually reproduce all over her body. Two months later, after losing weight, Darlene starts to feel ill due to the worms eating through her organs. Because of her so-called "diet", she dies on her couch after talking to her friend on the phone.
"Darlene finally fit in a size 4 dress. Too bad she wore it...at her funeral."
Cast and Interviewees
- Rebekah Zetty - Darlene (lead: intended victim)
- Kirk Fitzhugh - Himself (Museum Curator)
- Christine Mulhern - Louise/Darlene's Friend (Voice only, lead)
- Fact: You can't swallow tapeworms for any purposes of losing weight, because it's not a good strategy. In fact, it's an awful strategy. If you want proof, scroll back up.
- As The Tapeworm Turns
- Tenia Mortal (Mortal Tapeworm) - Latin American dub
- Dieta Solitaria (Tapeworm Diet) - Spanish dub