|Way to Die #468|
|Name of the death is a pun on Bridezilla|
|"Katie was the bride from hell. She snorted like Scarface. She screwed like Linda Lovelace. And then she died like any other out of control substance abuser. I now pronounce you...dead."|
|Date||April 12, 2008|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death - The Gift That Lasts Forever"|
"Guns N' Noses"
"Died-Zilla" Way to Die #468, is the third segment in the episode "Death - The Gift That Lasts Forever." which aired on August 22, 2011.
Katie was a drug abuser who got out of rehab. She snorts bath salts her bridesmaids gave her at her bridal shower. Once "high", she messes with the groom or his best man, trashes her dressing room and becomes a Bridezilla. Once the wedding day arrives, she is so high, her fiance, Travis, is concerned and confused and so are the wedding guests. When the ”I do’s” came, Katie collapses at the alter, dying of overheating of the core body temperature (hyperthermia) from the bath salts she snorted, causing her to go into cardiac arrest, causing death.
Cast and Interviewees
- Sally Digirolamo - Katie the Bride (lead: Intended victim)
- Ashley Danielle Simpsom - Bridesmaid (lead)
- Dr. Faryl Saliman Reingold - Interviewee (Occupational Therapist)
- Carolina Caro - Interviewee (Molecular Biologist)
Description as seen on Spike TV's website
"A pushy bride ingests some Ivory Wave to take the edge off when she goes into super Bridezilla mode and collapses from hypothermia."
- The skeleton X-ray is shown to have a veil and a bouquet like a bride.
- Also, this is the first and only death to take place in Vermont.
- This episode has one of 4 segments in 2011 to feature an interview with Dr. Faryl Saliman Reingold.
- A Wedding and a Funeral
- Snorted Up
- El Cadaver de la Novia (The Bride's Corpse) - Latin American dub.