"Died-Zilla" Way to Die #468, is the third death featured in "Death – The Gift That Lasts Forever." which aired on August 22, 2011.
Katie was a drug abuser who got out of rehab. She snorts bath salts her bridesmaids gave her at her bridal shower. Once "high", she messes with the groom or his best man, trashes her dressing room and becomes a Bridezilla. Once the wedding day arrives, she is so high, her fiance, Travis, is concerned and confused and so are the wedding guests. When the ”I do’s” came, Katie collapses at the alter, dying of overheating of the core body temperature (hyperthermia) from the bath salts she snorted, causing her to go into cardiac arrest, causing death. In the aftermath, Travis fist-bumps one of his groomsmen, relieved that he avoided the trainwreck of a marriage.
"As the preacher drones on, Katie's pulse is redlining and her body temperature is climbing. Finally, right when it was time to do the 'I do'..her balt-salted heart said 'I don't'..and Katie said 'I'm done'."
Cast and Interviewees
- Sally Digirolamo - Katie the Bride (lead: Intended victim)
- Ashley Danielle Simpson - Bridesmaid (lead)
- Dr. Faryl Saliman Reingold - Interviewee (Occupational Therapist)
- Carolina Caro - Interviewee (Molecular Biologist)
Description as seen on Spike TV's website
"A pushy bride ingests some Ivory Wave to take the edge off when she goes into super Bridezilla mode and collapses from hypothermia."
- The skeleton X-ray is shown to have a veil and a bouquet like a bride.
- Also, this is the first and only death to take place in Vermont.
- This episode has one of 4 segments in 2011 to feature an interview with Dr. Faryl Saliman Reingold.
- The quote used in this death, "her balt-salted heart said 'I don't'..and Katie said 'I'm done'", was used in Wedding Crasher.
- A Wedding and a Funeral
- Snorted Up
- El Cadáver de la Novia (The Bride's Corpse) - Latin American dub
- La Novia Cadáver (The Corpse Bride) - Spanish dub
- Tumba-Gira Super Morta (Grave-Spin Super Dead) - Brazilian dub