|Way to Die #206|
|"Dip 'N Die"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "dip and fly"|
|"George was a gun-toting, chewing, spitting ignoramus who thought his paranoid hatred of illegals was protecting his country. In the end, he did do his country a big favor... by dying."|
|Date||April 8, 2007|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Getting A Rise From The Dead"|
"Dip 'N Die", Way to Die #206, is the fourth death featured in "Getting A Rise From The Dead", which aired on February 16, 2011.
A man named George Puckett is a member of a vigilante illegal-alien hunting group called "The Minutemen". George also had an addiction to chewing tobacco, chewing the equivalent of 4 packs of cigarettes a day. George goes down a dirtroad and hits a big rock, causing him to bite his tongue while chewing tobacco. George also suffered from a rare genetic condition called erectile glossitis, which caused his tongue to swell up due to the tobacco juices entering the wound. George ultimately chokes to death on his swelling tongue.
It was like the opposite of anaphylatic shock. Instead of his throat swelling around his tongue, his tongue filled up his throat. And within minutes, he experienced a horrible choking-to-death fate.
Cast and Interviewees
- Adam Bartley - Minuteman #1
- Steve Kaminski - Minuteman #2
- Steven Schultz - Minuteman #3
- Scotty Servis - Minuteman #3
- Dr. Robert Winters - Internal Medicine
- Tongue in Cheek (Spike TV)
- Afternoon Choker - not to be confused with Midnight Choker
- A variation of the "In the end, he did do his country a big favor... by dying" line from doggerel was used in the doggerel for Way to Die #127.
- It is based on the death of Allan Pinkerton. He died when he contracted gangrene after falling, and biting his tongue, however, conflicting reports indicate that he died of a stroke in his place.