"Dip 'N Die", Way to Die #206, is the fourth death featured in "Getting A Rise From The Dead", which aired on February 16, 2011.
A man named George Pucker is a member of a vigilante illegal-alien hunting group called "The Minutemen". George also had an addiction to chewing tobacco, chewing the equivalent of 4 packs of cigarettes a day. George goes down a dirt road and hits a big rock, causing him to bite his tongue while chewing tobacco. George also suffered from a rare genetic condition called erectile glossitis, which caused his tongue to swell up due to the tobacco juices entering the wound. George ultimately chokes to death on his swelling tongue.
It was like the opposite of anaphylactic shock. Instead of his throat swelling around his tongue, his tongue filled up his throat. And within minutes, he experienced a horrible choking-to-death fate.
"A good day for George was to drive around with his cheeks bursting with chew, looking for undocumenteds along Arizona-Mexico border. 40 miles of bad road can take a lot out of anyone, and on this day 'ol George hit a big rock...and bit down hard on his thick tongue."
Cast and Interviewees
- Adam Bartley - Minuteman #1
- Steve Kaminski - Minuteman #2
- Steven Schultz - Minuteman #3
- Scotty Servis - Minuteman #3
- Dr. Robert Winters - Internal Medicine
- Tongue in Cheek (Spike TV)
- Afternoon Choker - not to be confused with Midnight Choker
- A variation of the "In the end, he did do his country a big favor... by dying" line from doggerel was used in the doggerel for Way to Die #127.
- It is based on the death of Allan Pinkerton. He died when he contracted gangrene after falling, and biting his tongue, however, conflicting reports indicate that he died of a stroke in his place.
- It may also be based on a man who's tongue was bitten by a snake after it stuck it's tongue out at him.