|Way to Die #713|
|Name of the death is a pun on "dive bomb"|
|Date||August 1, 1998|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Hard Lives, Easy Deaths"|
"Dive Bombed", Way to Die #713, is the second death to be featured in "Hard Lives, Easy Deaths", which aired on May 21, 2008.
Richard Paxon and his two pals had been exploring the reefs by Cabo San Lucas for the last three days. They decided to squeeze in one last dive before heading home. After an hour at 45 feet, the divers made their way back to the surface, making sure to come up slowly enough to safely release nitrogen gas stored up in their bloodstreams. After spending hours in the decompression chambers in Catalina Island, Richard was eager to get home. So they got in an aircraft. Unfortunately, he forgot one of the cardinal rules of diving: Never dive and fly the same day. As soon as the unpressurized plane climbed out and reached its cruising altitude of 12,000 feet, Richard and his friends began to feel the first symptoms of decompression sickness (commonly known as "the bends"). With Richard at the controls of the plane, but losing control of his mind and body, it was the all-time worst case scenario. The three men, incapacitated by the bends, could only watch in horror as their plane augured straight into a mountainside, and crashed, killing Richard and his pals.
- Karl Huggins - Program Manager, Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber
- This is based off of many deaths by plane crashes, like Roberto Clemente.
- In the German Version the death number is shown at the beginning with an alternative title.
- This is the very first death in the series to end with every single person dying in it.
- Just like Fur Burger, the death number is shown both at the beginning and at the end of this death.
- High Die
- Tauchertod Im Flieger (Diving Death On A Plane) - German dub
- Böse Luftnummer (Evil Air Number) - Alternative German Title