|Way to Die #63|
|"Falling Down On The Job"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "lying down on the job"|
|"Mike was the boss' son who never put in an honest day of work in his life. But don't worry... because Mike will never have to lift a finger again."|
|Date||June 7, 1993|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Falling Down On The Job", Way to Die #63, is the sixth death to be featured in "Sudden Death", which aired on December 22, 2010.
Mike, who's a lazy construction worker, needed to climb up the building. His technique was to use a counterweight as the "human elevator" to hoist himself up. However, the rope snaps when Mike is almost at the top and Mike falls to his death because the counterweight wasn't designed to carry a load like Mike and he died from multiple fractures and hemorrhaging.
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
- "A lazy construction worker devises a faulty pulley system to get him to the roof. Unfortunately, it gets him to the top and then breaks sending him plummeting to his death."
- In the German version (1000 Wege ins Gras zu Beissen), the death is set five years ahead of 1993 (this was probably a mistake done by the editors).
- Also known as "Destruction Worker" on the Spike TV website.
- It is based on the death ot a 37-year-old window washer.
engenheiro de desconstrução (desconstrution engineer) - brazilian dub
- Destruction Worker (Spike TV)
- When Mike falls to his death, the resisting actions on him show that the clip is clearly sped up.