"Fansicle", Way to Die #299 is the sixth death to be aired on "Stupid is as Stupid Dies" which aired on September 21, 2010.
If you want to see the embodiment of football obsession, look no further than George. His commitment and loyalty to his team knew no bounds. He would show up hours before a game, covered in body paint matching his team's colors (blue & white), and get as drunk as a skunk. He was even more obnoxious when the game started. Unfortunately for George (who was shirtless, and only a pair of shorts covering his legs), an arctic cold front was arriving that day, and he was at great risk of Hypothermia. As the game progressed, George didn't notice what was happening internally; he only knew that he was really drunk. It was only when the game was about to end that George realized he was freezing. But, by then, he had lost the ability to speak. His body temperature dropped below 88 degrees, causing severe hypothermia. It also didn't help that he was drunk, which impeded his blood flow, and his fellow fans couldn't understand his cries for help. Also, due to the blue paint, nobody could see that he was literally turning blue. George's body got colder and colder as the low temperatures slowly froze his soul. Finally, with his skin ice-cold, every muscle immobile, his organs completely unable to function, with a morbid stare, George died, putting an end to this annoyingly selfish football fan once and for all.
"With the narcotic cold front moving in, today's game was going from the fridge to the freezer."
Cast and Interviewees
- Nick Armstrong - George (lead: intended victim)
- Jonny Loquasto - Himself (Football Fanatic)
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Himself (Physical & Medicine Rehab)
- Based on the team-colors & location of this death, George was most likely a fan of the Detroit Lions.
- In Amphoe Sattahip, Chon Buri, Thailand, a body was found and it was thought he died of the chill - at a football game!
- The Actor who played George, Nick Armstrong, previously played the victim in a prior segment - Blood Bath & Beyond, two episodes before the segment was aired.
- This death was #6 in WatchMojo's "Top 10 1000 Ways to Die Deaths." Just like George's number.
- Imbecile on Ice (Spike TV)
- Helado de Arandano (Cranberry Ice Cream) - Latin American dub
- Fan helado (Frozen fan) - Spanish dub
- fanaticídio (faniticide) - Brazilian dub
- Fantermia da Friya (Fanthermia of Cold) - Lazoran dub