|Way to Die #818|
|Name of the death is a pun on "nightmare" and "fright"|
|"They say if you die in a dream,you die for real. You can only ask Alexi if it was true, but she never woke up from her...frightmare. Maybe we should ask..the dwarf."|
|Date||June 15, 1995|
Fargo, North Dakota
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death Over Easy"|
"Ball 'N Pain"
"Frightmare", Way to Die #818, is the second death to be featured in "Death Over Easy", which aired on February 8, 2009.
A woman named Alexi (Tara Gerard) suffers from SUNDS, which stands for Sudden Unexpected Nocturnal Death Syndrome (aka Nightmare Syndrome), and dies in her sleep from cardiac arrhythmia, brought on by an intense nightmare about a demonic dwarf strangling her that she could not wake up from.
"She died in her sleep. Cause of death: Heart attack."
- SUNDS is a real syndrome where many people have died from it since 1977.
- The death, which is during nightmares, is based on the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise with Freddy Krueger.
- This death is one of few to not feature any interviewees
- This segment is also known as Dumb Nightmare on the german dub.
- Although Tara Gerard died in her sleep and went into a heart attack. She died of a heart attack on 1995 instead of 2009.
- Sueño Atemorizante (Scary Dream) - Latin American dub
- Sueños Mortales (Mortal Dreams) - Spanish dub
- Tödlicher Traum (Deadly Dream) - German dub
- Dumb Nightmare (German Dub)
- Dwarf Killed Her (Spike TV Website)
- Dakota’s Scariest Sleep
- A Nightmare on SUNDS Street