|Way to Die #293|
|Name of the death is a pun on "frosted"|
|"If anyone deserved to die, it was John. He promised immortality, but made sure that his clients would wake up dead. That's pretty damn cold...don't you think?"|
|Date||June 3, 2002|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death: One Size Fits All"|
"You've Got Dead Male"
"Frost-dead", Way to Die #293, is the second death to be featured in "Death: One Size Fits All", which has been originally aired on August 29, 2011.
A bumbling cryo-preservation engineer named John, who has been known to inject standard anti-freeze into his clients instead of the usual preservation material to prevent freeze damage, dies after breathing in pure liquid nitrogen from a tube that had come loose from a cryogenic tank he had failed to fix. It looks like John was the second victim to be with his patient, Warren, sending this disgruntled cryo-preservation engineer straight to Hell, where he belongs.
"Breathing in pure nitrogen gas was a good way to become one of his own clients."
Description as seen on Spike TV (now Paramount Network) website
"A disgruntled technician at a cryogenics facility abuses the frozen body parts of clients during the graveyard shift until he breaks some vials of liquid nitrogen and dies of nitrogen asphyxiation."
Also known as "Freeze Died" on Spike TV (now Paramount Network) website
- Freeze Died - not to be confused with the Pilot season death
- Frozen Attack
- Die Froze
- It is likely this death could be based on an urban legend about Walt Disney, who was said to have been cryogenically frozen in order to be reanimated when medical technology became advanced enough. However, this has long since proven to be false; his body was simply cremated.
- This death shares its number with Freeze Died (A death similar in the way the victims died from the cold temperature, as well as having the same name as Frost-Dead's alternative name)
- Character Error: Warren can be seen breathing even though he's supposedly dead.
- Muerto de Frío (Dead by cold) - Latin American dub
- Frío de Muerte (Cold of Death) - Spanish dub
- A Descongelarse al Infierno (Freezing in Hell) - Pluto TV Spanish dub