|Way to Die #61|
|Name of the death is a pun on "fur" and "murdered"|
|"Henry didn't fit in the modern world. His cause of death: wardrobe malfunction."|
|Date||June 4, 2010|
|Location||Upper Peninsula, Michigan|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death Puts On a Dunce Cap"|
"Falling Down On The Job"
"Furdered", Way to Die #61, is the third death to be featured in "Death Puts On a Dunce Cap", which aired on November 2, 2010.
Henry, a hunter in the Michigan wilderness dressed in an animal pelt, travels through the forest. How he's going to die? Let's find out.
First try: He falls into the spike pit he built earlier. However, that's not what happens. He almost falls into the trap, but he doesn't lose his footing.
Try again: He falls face first into an animal trap. But that's not what happens either. He falls inches away from the animal trap after tripping.
"Let's give it one more...shot"...literally. He gets shot by another hunter who mistakes him for an animal when he drinks some water from a river stream. The bullet enters Henry's neck and exits his hip, and he bleeds to death. This is why hunters wear orange vests so they don't end up like Henry.
- Brian Drake - Wildlife Biologist
- This is based on an actual incident involving Dick Cheney accidentally shooting Harry Whittington. However, Whittington survived getting shot.
- It is also based on another incident involving 47 year old Harun Mamat. He climbed a tree to collect mangosteens. He was then shot by hunters who mistaken him for a squirrel. Unlike Dick Cheney, he died from it.
- Pitfall (Spike TV)
- Piel Muerta (Dead Skin) - Latin American dub]
- pele morta (also means dead skin) - brazilian dub
- Vestuario Mortal (Mortal Dressing) - Spanish dub
- Kugel im Pelz(Bullet in the fur) - German dub