|Way to Die #120|
|Name of the death is a pun on the band "Grateful Dead"|
|"Joey had soundproofed his pad with cheap egg cartons. No one could hear his muffled cries for help. Over the next hour, he went from rockstar... to stone-cold dead."|
|Date||November 7, 2008|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Come On, Get Deathy"|
"Hertz So Good"
"Grateful Bed", Way to Die #120, is the fourth death to be featured in "Come On, Get Deathy", which aired on January 20, 2010.
Joey was a guitar player who wanted to become a famous musician. He was listening to a segment of his recording when suddenly, the landlord knocks on his door. Joey was trapped and hid in his murphy bed. When the landlord knocks the door down, Joey stays in the bed and waits. However, when the landlord leaves, Joey's murphy bed is stuck and he cannot get out. To make things worse, Joey had soundproofed his room with cheap egg cartons and no one could hear his muffled cries for help. Joey then suffocates to death.
- Maxwell Glick - Joey (lead:intended victim)
- Tommy Kende - Musician (later interviewed for Coffin to Death)
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Cardiac Electrophysiologist
- Music Jammed
- Beds Off
- When the landord smashes up Joey's room, he breaks one of the legs off his table and it falls over. In the next shot, it's standing up with everything still on it and everything else back in place.
- Based on actual death involving murphy bed : https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1454&dat=19820615&id=_UdOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XBMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5293,3260935
- Also based on the deaths of Mildred Bowman and Alice Wardle https://gorillacool.com/died-in-a-fold-away-bed/