|Way to Die #407|
|Name of the death is a pun on "grill" and "killed"|
|If Hung Lo can rap, so can I. Nothing could be finer than Hung Lo dead in China.|
|Date||February 26, 2006|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Think Globally, Die Locally"|
"Grilled", Way to Die # 407, is the first death to be featured in "Think Globally, Die Locally," which aired on March 19, 2012.
Hung Lo, a jewelry shop owner, is obsessed with gangster rapping. He uses it to bully, tease, and harass his workers into making jewelry with toxic legumes called rosary peas (which contain abrin). Eventually, they couldn't take anymore of his badmouth rapping, or his bullying, teasing, harassing, and provoking, so they decide to fashion a gold grill lined with rosary peas as a way of revenge/vengeance. As Hung Lo begins wearing the grill, it poisons him, until he finally dies, as foam oozes from his mouth, sending the nasty rapper and jewelry shop owner to the hell as he deserves.
"If Hung Lo can rap, so can I. Nothing could be finer than Hung Lo dead in China."
Cast and Interviewees
- Frank McDonough - Biologist
- James Shin - Hung Lo (lead: intended victim)
- Peter T. Mai - Sweatshop Worker (uncredited)
- Cathleen Nguyen - Sweatshop Worker (uncredited)
- This death is also known as "Bring-Bring" on the Spike TV website.
- Bring-Bring (Spike TV)
- Rapper's Delight (German dub)
- When Hung Lo gets poisoned, foam oozes from his mouth; a large shot of Lo shows that the foam has disappeared.
- Diente por diente (Teeth by teeth) - Latin American dub
- Al Grill (To the Grill) - Spanish dub