"Guitar Zeros", Way to Die #66, is the third death featured in the episode "Cure for the Common Death, Part I", which aired on March 22, 2009.
Chinese best friends Li and Feng are a duo of devoted heavy metal music fans who work day jobs as toy factory employees assembling toys for export to the West. As lifelong fans of heavy metal music, the duo don't think logically. Every night, most especially on weekends, they rocked out to heavy metal until dawn break, the loud music blasting from their tiny apartment. Their jamming included air-guitars, air-drums, moshing, headbanging, and screaming.
One night, they jump on and off their beds right after destroying their air guitars, dangerously close to an open window. Li jumps on the bed near the window, but he slips and falls right out the window 60-feet down to the pavement. Feng, who had just witnessed his roommate's demise, can't bare to live without his lifelong friend, so he intentionally jumps off his bed right out the window after making one last Chinese warlord scream and he too, dies instantly on the sidewalk and abandons his and Li's apartment. Now, Li and Feng's corpses were lying lifeless on the sidewalk, only inches away from each other.
"Feng can't bear the thought of breaking up the band. He gives one last Chinese warlord scream and follows his rock-and-roll brother out of the window."
Cast and Interviewees
- Surawit Sae Kang - Li (lead: intended victim)
- Michael T. Lehr - Feng (lead: intended victim)
- Peter Chang - Heavy Metal Journalist
- It is said that Li and Feng were listening to music at night. It is clearly daytime.
- This death never uses nor features CGI graphics for the explanation of this death.
- This is the first death to feature an intentional suicide and is also the second to feature accidental suicide (the first being Re-Coiled).
- This death shares its name with Super Zero, and is similar to it, as both deaths involved heroes that committed suicide by falling to their deaths.
- It is based on the death of Li Xiao Meng.
- Surawit Sae Kang also portrayed Ting in Golden Die-angle, which is one of the deaths that aired 19 episodes later.
- Feng uses the same "Chinese warlord scream" three times.
- Fallen Rock Stars