|Way to Die #66|
|Name of the death is a pun on one of the popular music video game series "Guitar Hero"|
|"Confucius once said that music produces pleasures human nature can't do without. Unfortunately, China would have to do without Li and Feng." (US Version)
"Confucius once said music produces a pleasure which human nature can't do without. Unfortunately China will have to do, without Li and Feng." (UK Version)
|Date||July 23, 2005|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Cure for the Common Death, Part I"|
"Somewhere Over The Railing"
"Guitar Zeros", Way to Die #66, is the third death featured in the episode "Cure for the Common Death, Part I", which aired on March 22, 2009.
Li and Feng were devoted fans of heavy metal music who weren't thinking very logically. The loud, hard, beats of heavy metal was their passion. By day they worked as factory workers making plastic toys to export to the West. And by night, they rocked out to heavy metal until dawn break, the loud music blasting from their tiny apartment. Their jamming included air-guitars, air-drums, moshing, headbanging, and screaming. One night, they jump on and off their beds right after destroying their air guitars, dangerously close to an open window. Li jumps on the bed near the window but he slips and falls right out the window 60-feet down to the pavement. Feng, who had just witnessed his roommate's demise, can't bare to be living without his lifelong friend, so he intentionally jumps off his bed right out the window after making one last Chinese warlord scream and he too, dies instantly on the sidewalk and abandons his and Li's apartment, sending the two Chinese guitar heroes to heaven. Now, Li and Feng's corpses were lying lifeless on the sidewalk, only inches away from each other. In the end, China won't do with Li and Feng anymore.
"Feng can't bear the thought of breaking up the band. He gives one last Chinese warlord scream and follows his rock-and-roll brother out of the window."
Cast and Interviewees
- Surawit Sae Kang - Li (lead: intended victim)
- Michael T. Lehr - Feng (lead: intended victim)
- Peter Chang - Heavy Metal Journalist
- It is said that Li and Feng were listening to music at night. It is clearly daytime.
- This death never uses nor features CGI graphics for the explanation of this death.
- This is the first death to feature an intentional suicide.
- This death shares its name with Super Zero, and is similar to it, as both deaths involved heroes that committed suicide by falling to their deaths.
- It is based on the death of Li Xiao Meng.
- Fallen Rock Stars