|Way to Die #261|
|"Gum's the Word"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "gum" and "mum's the word"|
|"Raul was a fake, who lied to get what he wanted. In the end, you can say he died of...truth decay."|
|Date||December 9, 2003|
|Location||Palm Springs, California|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death On A Stick"|
"Down With The Clown"
"Gum's the Word", Way to Die #261, is the fourth death to be featured in "Death On A Stick", which aired on August 3, 2010.
There was a nurse named Raul, who planned to swindle old ladies and steal their money. When he realizes that his new target has bad breath, he goes to the bathroom for mints. He ends up mistakenly swallowing denture whitening tablets. He responds to that by drinking water which turns out to contain dissolved denture cleaner. The two denture products destroy his insides and he dies in 10 minutes due to lack of oxygen in his blood, sending this money-stealing nurse straight to Hell where he belongs.
- When Raul dropped the glass, it made the sound of a lightbulb shattering, not an actual water glass breaking.
- The date and location used for this death is exactly the same as DWI: Dying While Intoxicated.
- This death was Runner-Up B in the "Sexiest Death" category in the Death By Request: Special episode.
- Crew or Equipment Visable: While Raul is spinning around in the bathroom suffering the side effects of the denture products, the cameraman is reflected in the mirror.
- Bloody Mouthful
- Lack Of Done
- Beso Desdentado (Toothless Kiss) - Latin American dub.
- Limpieza Bucal (Mouth Cleaning) - Spanish dub
- Nojo de Gengiva (Gum Disgust - nojo means he who is grossed out by something and gengiva means gum so it would translate into grossed out by gum) - Brazilian dub