|Way to Die #64|
|Name of the death is a pun on "habeas corpus"|
|Date||May 1, 1998|
Los Angeles, California
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Falling Down On The Job"
"Somewhere Over The Railing"
"Habeas Corpse", Way to Die #64, is the first death to be featured in "Unforced Errors", which aired on February 8, 2009.
Ian Campbell (Lee McDermott) was impressed with his law firm's new office. But the thing Ian was most impressed with was himself. One of his favourite pastimes was hitting on the firm's new female associates. You would think a smart lawyer would know better - but Ian was a sexual harassment case in an $1,000 suit. Ian had a joke he liked to play to impress the ladies - in a conference room on the 40th floor, he'd get a running start and threw himself into the window. The tempered glass would always bounce him back.
"Maybe the sleazebag lawyer just ran out of luck... Or maybe it was the way his Rolex caught the glass... Because Ian took a running start... and never stopped."
But this time, Ian crashed through the window and falls 40 stories to his demise (a combination of a shattered skull, broken spinal cord and a broken spine)
- Okorie Okorocha - Attorney
- Laurel Herter - Glass Designer
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Physical Medicine & Rehab
- This is based on the death of Garry Hoy, who fell to his death while trying to prove the glass wouldn't shatter. He ran against the window, forcing out the glass pane and then fell out of the window immediately after.
- Habeas Corpse is a pun on the legal term, "Habeas Corpus". In Latin, it means "You may have your body" and it's a means for someone to be released form unlawful detention.
- This was the first death narrated by Ron Perlman.
- This death is the winner of a Darwin Award.
- There is no doggerel quote in this death.
- This is one of two deaths that took place on May 1, 1998, with the other being Die-Brator.
- This death has an animated outro.
- Drop Dead Attorney
- Hábeas Cádaver - Latin American dub
- Hábeas Cuerpo (Habeas Body) - Spanish dub
- Tief gefallen (Low Fallen) - German dub