|Way to Die #371|
|Name of the death is a pun on "jacked off"|
|"Alton was a hacker who hacked his own ticker, then a gamer took over and his ticker went quicker. The gamer groaned, but it was Alton... who got owned."|
|Date||November 23, 2011|
|Location||Mill Valley, California|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Think Globally, Die Locally"|
"Meat Your Maker"
"Hacked Off", Way to Die #371, is the sixth death to be featured in "Think Globally, Die Locally", which aired on March 19, 2012.
A disgustingly fat computer hacker named Alton was a hacker, who hacked his own pacemaker to manually control his heart rate. However, his teenage neighbor Johnny played his video game using his wireless video game controller. Hacking the pacemaker left it vulnerable to other wireless devices so when Johnny's controller got crossed with Alton's pacemaker, Johnny was unknowingly controlling Alton's pacemaker with every push of the buttons. Once Johnny stops playing the game out of frustration when he loses as he throws his controller onto the ground while being rude to his mother by telling her to shut up, Alton dies from cardiac arrest due to irregular heartbeat.
Cast and Interviewees
- Kevin Beaty - Alton (lead: intended victim)
- David Michael Paul - Johnny (lead)
- Steve Eagle - Himself (Hacker; Only in German version)
- Malos Marcapasos (Bad Pacemakers) - Latin American dub
- Pirateado (Hacked Off / Pirated) - Spanish dub
- Herzlich gehackt (Warmly hacked) - German dub
- Also called "Hack Attack" on the Spike TV website.
- This is the latest death in date to be featured in the series, with the second latest being Hummus Among Us.
- It does not feature any interviewees.
- In the German version, it has an interviewee.