"Hair Today, Dead Tomorrow", Way to Die #412, is the second death to be featured in "Stupid is as Stupid Dies", which aired on September 21, 2010.
Joan Meikin (Lauren Olipra) is a beautiful free-spirited painter and talented artist who is also a nudist. She paints every day, but she has one big problem. She suffers from an annoying disease known as trichophagia, an obsessive need to ingest hair. For months, she was unable to digest regular food and grows weaker and weaker, and whenever she goes to the bathroom, she vomits and it exits her mouth along with clumps of hair and goes into the toilet. And she doesn't know about her disorder and ignores her problems. Eventually, after Joan eats her own hair, her health deteriorates until she collapses and becomes comatose and she dies from eating hair. At the morgue, the coroners find a trichobezoar (ball of hair) clogged within Joan's intestines.
"What's a bezoar?"
Doctor: "It's a...ball of...hair!"
"It's also what killed her."
Cast and Interviewees
- Lauren Olipra - Joan Meikin (lead: intended victim)
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan (Physical Medicine and Rehab)
- Rug Munched (Spike TV)
- Cabeluda (Hairy) - Brazilian dub
- This death, and Bank Ruptured, both involve similar eating disorders.
- In 1999, Rachel Haigh, who was 17, suffered the same fate as Joan - dying by eating hair.
- This is the fourth death to have the number 412.
- This is the 1st death in the series to take place in the 1960s, 2 years after the first episode, and 3 seasons later.