|Way to Die #745|
|Name of the death is a pun on "half-off"|
|"Ted was a major douche, who badgered and bullied people he'd ever acted with. Waiting your turn is for other losers, not him. A nicer person might have offered to share that cab. But instead, Ted went... halfsies." (US Version)
"Ted was a despicable being who pissed off and annoyed everyone he interacted with. Waiting his turn was for losers, not him. A nicer person would have offered to share the cab. But instead..." (Transalted LAT Version)
|Date||July 15, 2001|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death Be a Lady Tonight"|
"Half-Offed", Way to Die #745, is the first death to be featured in "Death Be a Lady Tonight", which aired on July 25, 2011.
Ted was a middle-aged, well-dressed, arrogant executive who was a big shot blowhard who hurt others for fun. On this day, he is filled with impatience and anxiety, because he was late for the airport since his employee forgot to make a wake-up call for him at the hotel. His impatience grew when he had to wait in line for a taxi, while furiously berating his incompetent employee. Minutes later, Ted steals a cab from a woman in front of him. The bellhop notices this and orders the rude man to let the woman take the cab, but Ted, being the entitled man that he is, claims that the ride is rightfully his. While Ted is arguing with the bellhop and pleading his case, he fails to notice a utility truck passing by with a tow line swinging loose. Even when the bellhop told Ted to have a little respect, Ted, confident that his valiant acts of arrogance paid off, closes the trunk smugly. The hook got caught in the cab's trunk as Ted closed it, and the steel cable pins a surprised Ted to the cab. The businessman frantically struggles to get free, but to no avail. The cable tightens around a bewildered and frightened Ted, and slices clean through his portly body, splitting him completely in half with his intestines spilling all over the place as he goes straight to Hell as he deserves. The witnesses are shocked, but some are satisfied as this strong, brash, inconsiderate monster is finally dead.
"Looks like Ted's gotten himself into a tight squeeze."
Cast and Interviewees
- Jaimie Roedel - Ted (lead: intended victim)
- Mitch Yapko - Jimmy the Taxi Driver (uncredited)
- Marc Fogel - NYC Taxi Driver
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Physical Medicine & Rehab
- "A businessman tries to steal someone else’s cab when he gets hit by a truck carrying a spool of wire which gets caught between the taxi and truck aluminum siding and his body is sliced in two." (Spike TV website)
- Also called "Taxi Scab" on the Spike TV website.
- The Spanish version does not finish the quote.
- American quote: "But instead, Ted went halfsies." Spanish quote: "But instead..." (end)
- Taxi Scab (Spike TV)
- Abierto En Medio (Open in half) - Latin American dub
- Demediado (Halved) - Spanish dub
- Halbehalbe Gemacht (Made Halfway) - German dub