"Harry He-done-y", Way to Die #14, is the third death to be featured in "The End is Weird", which aired on October 19, 2010.
A magician named Harry Houdini proved that he can cheat death by doing a barrage of magic tricks. Houdini first claimed to free himself from a straitjacket. He also claimed to free himself from a chair. When Houdini was at his house, a fan of him walked by. He wanted to find out if the great Houdini was ever discovered. The fan tried to claim Houdini if he was invincible to pain. Houdini accepted it. Then the fan gave Houdini some punches, but the great magician stood strong, seemingly proving the fan right. The fan walked away proud. However, Houdini collapsed nine days later due to septic shock of his ruptured appendix
Cast & Interviewees
- Eric Weisz - Harry Houdini (lead: intended victim)
- Micah Cover - Magician
- Dr. George Fallieras - Emergency Room Physician
- This is the first segment to be based on an actual infamous death. Instead of being apocryptal like most 1000 Ways To Die segments. (Based mostly on either urban legends, Darwin award anecdotes or real deaths' names, dates and victims changed.) Harry Houdini (Eric Weisz) actually was a real life magician who died exactly in the same way and on the date the segment stated. What is odd however, is that in this segment, he died in Detroit, Michigan.
- Unlike Vike-O-Done, which is another historical death, Sigurd one more day later than Houdini.
o truque de desaparecimento (the disappearing act) - Brazilian dub
- Harry Hou-Dunnit (Spike TV)
- The Harry Houdini Story