"Homie's Dead", Way to Die #182, is the second death to be featured in "Star Death: The Last Generation", which aired on February 8, 2012.
As Brad and Tracey slept in their bed, they open the window trying to let the warm air out of their room. Little did they know was that open windows can give a burglar such as Vince the chance to break in and steal things. While they are both asleep, Vince sneaks in and begins to plunder the house. When he plays with an object that makes a sound, he wakes up Tracey, who in turn, wakes Brad up. Brad pulls his gun out of the drawer and quietly exits the bedroom to investigate. But when he checked, Tracey loudly asks what's going on, prompting Brad to tell her to be quiet. However, the volume of Tracey's speaking alerts Vince, who grabs a baseball bat out of his bag and hits Brad on the head, killing him and sending him to heaven. Terrified, she tries in vain to resuscitate Brad after he dies, but it was no use; her husband was a goner.
But that's not what happened. What had happened was...
Vince threatens to kill Tracey if she takes a step towards him, not allowing her to continue CPR. Eventually, Vince finishes robbing the house and is about to escape, when suddenly Brad lifts himself up off the floor, exiting heaven and returning to earth alive. It turns out that while Tracey was performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation with Brad, her hands pushing against his chest made his heart beat again, thanks to which, Brad regained consciousness, a rare form of circulation called Lazarus Syndrome.
Stepping out of the window door, Brad has revived and confronts the thief. The shock of seeing the man he supposedly killed causes Vince to lose his grip on the rope, fall off the balcony and land on the sidewalk. The impact breaks the back of his skull like an egg, killing him and sending him to hell. When Tracey saw her husband alive, she felt relieved, knowing that he survived and that the crisis was over.
Cast and Interviewees
- Michael Auturo - Brad (lead: false victim)
- Silvana Vivene - Tracey (lead)
- Nick Troy - Vince (lead: intended victim)
- Deputy Tom - Police officer
- David Svoboda - EMT paramedic
- This is one of three deaths that have alternate endings. The other two are "Offed the Hook" from "Stupid is as Stupid Dies" and "Furdered" from "Death Puts On a Dunce Cap" (both from Season Three).
- Unlike those deaths, this death has a false deathcard, likely making viewers believe that that was the end of the segment, since all segments end with a deathcard.
- This death was originally titled "Homie Invasion" before the Lazarus Syndrome took effect on Brad.
- This is the only death that has someone revived.
- Home Invasion (Spike TV)
- Homie Inva-dead