|Way to Die #327|
|Name of the death is a pun on "iPhone" and "boned"|
|"Minutes later, she was just like her phone... dead."|
|Date||June 12, 2009|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"i-Boned", Way to Die #327, is the seventh and final death to be featured in, "Grave Errors", which aired on March 2, 2011.
A woman named Janice (Kenrica Server) constantly annoys everyone by calling people on her cell phone no matter where she was at, even at the movies. She annoyed everyone watching the movie (no matter if Janice said that it was only the previews not the actual feature) so a man was getting annoyed. Until he left something killed her...her own phone. As her phone continually heated up the electrolyte battery fluid inside the phone, it caused thermal bubbling up and the phone overheated and exploded in her ear. Shrapnel from the exploded phone went through her ear and into her brain and like her phone she died from hemorrhaging. In other words, she and her phone were dead.
"Nothing was going to stop her except...her own phone."
- John Myers - Himself (Movie Theater Usher)
- Also known as "Battery Dead" on the Spike TV website.
- There was no recap at the end of the death.
- There are two phone-related deaths on other media: 2013's Game Grand Theft Auto V has a mission which one character (Jay Norris) gets killed by exploding cell phone, and 2009 Film Law Abiding Citizen has a scene which a judge also gets killed by exploding cell phone.
- The explosion of her phone was possibly caused by the overheating of it that came from her excessive usage of it. She did not noticed the heat, probably because of the casing of the phone being too thick.
- Battery Dead (Spike TV)