"Ichiboned", Way to Die #1, is the second death to be featured in "Death Be Not Stupid", which aired on March 15, 2009.
A young Japanese couple named Hiroto and Sakura have been married for seven years and are very much in love with each other. However, they have never engaged in sexual activity, as both are too nervous to do so. One day, the two finally decide to set their anxieties aside and consummate their marriage. That evening, Hiroto returns home back from work, and the two take a drink of some plum wine. Gaining courage from consuming the alcohol, the couple take it to the bedroom. This time, there is no holding back, as Hiroto and Sakura experienced orgasms during their first and final occasion of sexual intercourse in their lives. After their simultaneous climax, they succumb to heart attacks and die peacefully in their sleep.
- Even though "Ichi-boned" isn't the first death to be aired, this way to die gets the show's highest rating out of the rest, "Ichi-ban" ("number one").
- Based on an urban legend of a shy Japanese couple named Sachi and Tomio Hidaka, waited 14 year to consummate their marriage. They could barely make eye contact when fully clothed. Neighbors said they were very much in love, but more in regard to spirituality and mutual respect. Sachi wrote in her diary, "Tomio and I are very much afraid but it's now or never. Tonight is the night." But the night turned deadly as they both had orgasms, and died, since their hearts were not able to cope with the levels of adrenaline and other hormones released.
- This death is perhaps the least violent in the entire series, and also one of the most plausible.
- This death is at the top of the list being Way to Die #1.
- Ichiban is also the name of a famous Japanese restaurant.
- This Is the First death to Take Place In Japan.
- Despite being #1, it is not the first death in the series. The first death in the series is Semi-cide
- Ironically, this is also not the first death of the episode, the first death of the episode is Gas-Hole.
Cast and Interviewees
- Dr. Ava Cadell - Sexologist
- Rintaro Sawamoto - Hiroto (lead: intended victim)
- Kie Ikuta - Sakura (lead: intended victim)
- Love at First Strike
- Éxtasis Mortal (Deadly Ecstasy) - Latin American dub
- Polvazo (Polvo is a Spanish verb for "have sex") - Spanish dub
- Ichiban Japanese for one.
Herzschmerz (Heart Pain) - German dub
- Seks po japońsku (Sex in Japanese) - Polish voice-over