|Way to Die #177|
|"Jack 'n Croaked"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "jack 'n coke" and "croaked"|
|"Jasper died the way he lived. Sipping on the good stuff."|
|Date||August 3, 1911|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Bringing in the Dead"|
"Jack 'n Croaked, Way to Die #177, is the fourth death to be featured in "Bringing in the Dead", which aired on January 6, 2010.
Jasper (Danny Ezpone) was a famous Jack Daniel or Moonshiner. Jasper has been a moonshiner for many's a year. Not only Jasper sold moonshine, he tested some of his own moonshine. After a while, he forgets that in his storeroom is a safe. In it was where he sold his secret formula. However, Jasper was the only one who knew the code and testing his own product got him so drunk he can't remember the combination. Frustrated, Jasper gave his safe the boot. However, Jasper did not open his safe but he did open a large gash on his big toe, which later became infected. After two weeks, on Jasper's death bed, his assistant (Bill Oberst Jr.) came in to give Jasper one last drink. Jasper took the last drink and right before he died of septic shock, his final words were, "Batch number 7 sure was the one.". He is now sent to heaven, where he can make more moonshines.
Following this, the assistant, covers Jasper's body.
Cast and Interviewees
- Bryan Carter - Liquor Consultant
- Dr. Leslie Kobayashi - Trauma Surgeon
- Bill Oberst Jr. - Jasper's Worker
- The segment is based on the real death of Jack Daniel, who actually died 2 months and 6 days later than the stated date in this death.
- According to Famousbirthdays, This story was Proven to be False. See https://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/jack-daniel.html.
- Whiskey Business