|Way to Die #444|
|Name of the death is a pun on "jaw bone" and "boned"|
|"This time, it looks like Jimmy bit off more than he could chew."|
|Date||July 4, 2004|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Stupid is as Stupid Dies"|
"Jaw Boned", Way to Die #444, is the first death to be featured in "Stupid is as Stupid Dies", which aired on September 21, 2010.
Jimmy Millican is a meth cook who was once a promising research chemist. He graduated college by the age of 17, but by the age of 19, he became a meth addict. Jimmy spends days upon weeks in his basement lab making the addictive drug. His hallucinations had hallucinations, and even though it was best for him, he wouldn't be leaving the basement anytime soon. Jimmy's version of getting by as his only form of nutrition originates from chewing on a 6-day-old piece of gum that he covers with citric acid to keep its flavor fresh. He does this over and over in a dip, chew, and repeat routine hour-after-hour. But in his meth-addled rush, he mistakenly puts the gum inside a container filled with red phosphorus: an explosive substance found in meth, and fireworks. When he chews the gum, his jaw bone applies 120 lbs of pressure, which was more than enough force to cause the gum to explode in his mouth. It then blew his jaw bone clean off his skull. His brain bounced into the back of the skull, hemorrhaging his cerebral cortex, causing it to bleed out and end his life with a bang as a result.
- Dr. Brian Wilbur - Emergency Room Doctor
- Vladimir “Jimmy” Black - Jimmy (lead: intended victim)
- Chew Bomber (Spike TV)
- Goma de matar (a pun on goma de mascar one of the words for bubble gum and matar the word for killing) - Brazilian dub
- Also called "Chew Bomber" on the Spike TV (now Paramount Network) website.
- This death was based on a Ukrainian student in 2009 named Vladimir Likhonov.
- When Jimmy has his jaw blown off, it's obviously computer generated.
- Jimmy died standing, however in the CGI, the character's upper body falls on the table.
- This death shares its number with Deadliest Munch.