|Way to Die #389|
|Name of the death is a pun on the candy "Jelly Belly"|
|"Instead of being obnoxious and screaming (SHARK!), Shirley should have kept her big mouth shut!"|
|Date||January 18, 2004|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Cure for the Common Death, Part II"|
"Deep Sleep (Walk)"
"Jelly Belly-ed", Way to Die #389, is the fifth death to be featured in "Cure for the Common Death, Part II", which aired on December 15, 2010.
Shirley was on a beach trip with a group of American students on a vacation to Australia. However, she liked to scare everybody. Shirley tried a new technique by going to the waves and giving everybody a false alarm that there was a shark. However, when the people come to save Shirley, there wasn't even a shark at all. Shirley swims underwater and accidentally swallows an Irukandji jellyfish, which proceeded to sting her trachea and swelling it shut. Nobody believed Shirley's story when she cried for help, all thanks to the shark prank she played on them earlier. By the time they finally realized that this was for real, it was too late, and Shirley dies of Irukandji Syndrome and asphyxiation, sending her to hell where she belongs.
- Jules Sylvester - Wildlife Expert
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
- "A hot beach partier dies of Irukandji syndrome after a deadly jellyfish sting."
- Also called "Swallow Wallows" on the Spike TV website.
- This is similar to the novel "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
- This is the first and only death that takes place in Australia.
- The phrase, "It's her own damn fault", would be reused as the name of another death.
- Swallow Wallows (Spike TV)
- The Woman Who Cried Jellyfish
- Jelly Fished