"Less Is Mormon", Way to Die #258, is the third death to be featured in "Death – Putting The "Fun" In "Funeral", which aired on February 22, 2012.
Brother Kether is the leader of a polygamist cult who is marrying an attractive young woman named Karen against her will. When it comes time to Karen to say "I do", she says that she cannot marry him and runs off into the woods to escape. Kether and his cult chase after her in pursuit. Karen is first grabbed by Brother Jacob, but she kicks him in the groin and escapes. Kether soon catches up to Karen at an intersection in the woods, but he accidentally runs into one of many booby traps that he had set up in the woods - a spike board which impales the victim when stepped on like a rake. Kether dies within seconds from massive blood loss caused by his heart and lungs being punctured by the spikes.
"To keep the rest of the world out of his compound, Kether had the entire perimeter...booby trapped."
Cast and Interviewees
- Tim Halpin - Brother Kether (lead: intended victim)
- Sarah Karjian - Karen (lead)
- D.J. Grothe - Himself (James Randi Foundation spokesman)
- Also called "Whip Trap" on the Spike TV website.
- In this death, the narrator acts as a witness of the death by his reactions.
- Whip Trap (Spike TV)