"M-R-Ouch!", Way to Die #485, is the first death to be featured in "Up With Death", which aired on December 16, 2009.
A drug addict breaks into the hospital to look for drugs. When former Army nurse Chelsea encounters him, he orders her to get drugs. Chelsea gives him a dose of painkillers to make him unconscious. But instead, it made him attracted to her. Suddenly, Chelsea lures him to the MRI machine and tricks him by first stripping off her clothes and then pressing the "ON" button, knowing that the magnetic force is five times stronger than a scrapyard magnet. The MRI manages to disarm the addict by magnetizing his gun. However, the addict has had a steel plate in his skull. When the MRI attracts the steel, the man slams into the machine damaging his brain, and he dies. Chelsea is free from him, due to his death.
"Turns out our drug addict was damaged goods."
Cast and Interviewees
- Michelle Frey - Chelsea (lead)
- Dan Wells - Ned (led: intended victim)
- Dr. Alex Yufik - Clinical/Forensic Pyschologist
- Dr. Leslie Kobayashi - Trauma Surgeon
- In 2001, Michael Colombini, who was American boy from Croton-on-Hudson, New York, was struck and killed at Westchester Regional Medical Centre, by an oxygen tank when it was pulled into the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine while he underwent a test. He had begun to experience breathing difficulties while in the MRI and when an anesthesiologist brought a portable oxygen canister into the magnetic field, it was pulled from his hands and struck the boy in the head but this death due to reasons was portrayed by a desperate drug addict instead of an innocent 6-year old boy.
- This is one of the deaths where the victim was unnamed but according to IMDB, the victim is named Ned.