|Way to Die #284|
|"Mail Order Fried"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "mail-order bride"|
|"Mel was a mean and nasty mailman. If he was able to read the last letter sent by the staff of 1000 Ways to Die, he'd be shocked. Dear Mel, YOU'RE DEAD!"|
|Date||August 14, 2002|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Hurry Up and Die"|
"Mail Order Fried", Way to Die #284, is the sixth death to be featured in "Hurry Up and Die", which aired on October 26, 2010.
Mel was a mean and nasty mailman. Not only did he deliver the mail, but he also read it. One night, he moonlighted as a dunk tank target at a local carnival. He was able to embarrass the people he delivered the mail to so much that they kept on missing the target. However, Mel picked the wrong dunk tank because this one came equipped with a fuse box to keep the water warm. Overtime, the balls repeatedly hit the fuse box for the tank's water heater, damaging the wiring until it made contact with the water, electrifying it (in other words, Mel was one dunk away from an electrifying death, though he didn't know it). Then, a new customer, Daniel Phan, took a turn (Mel only knew his name, but didn't know he spent two years playing baseball in Japan) and landed a perfect bulls-eye. Mel fell into the tank and was electrocuted to death, sending the mean and nasty mailman to hell where he belongs and as he deserves.
Cast and Interviewees
- Unknown Actor - Mel (lead: intended victim)
- John Chia-Lin Chang - Daniel Phan
- Dave Johnson
- Rick Larson - Carnival Owner
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Cardiac Electrophysiologist
- Shock and Aww (Spike TV)
- correspondênsia chocante (shocking mail) - Brazilian dub
- Also called "Shock and Awww" on the Spike TV website.
- This death shares its number with Hang Dunked.
- This death takes place exactly 46 years after Bad Hair Day and Dead On Arrival.