"Master E-Raced", Way to Die #744, is the seventh and last death featured in "Killing Them Softly", which aired on March 9, 2011.
It's 1945 and World War II is drawing to a close. A Nazi soldier named Dieter runs down a flight of stairs to escape from an American soldier, but is caught by the soldier and shot in the head. Unbeknownst to the soldier, Deiter survived and 50 years later in 1995, he is alive and well, living in Brooklyn, New York where he and his wife Gertrude, live in secrecy after hooking up with an underground Nazi relocation network named Odessa. Dieter argues with Gertrude when she doesn't put enough milk in his oatmeal and goes to the refrigerator to get some milk himself.
"Even after all these years, Dieter was still one sour kraut. The master racist made an angry milk run to the fridge... and never made it back."
Dieter accidentally bumps his head on the freezer door when he bends over, causing the bullet (which had lodged itself beside an important blood vessel) to dislodge and sever the blood vessel, causing internal hemorrhaging in his brain and death. Thus, sending this former Nazi straight to hell where he deserves, much to his wife's shock and confusion. Dieter’s death could have been avoided easily if he had just gotten surgery.
Cast and Interviewees
- David Roy Butler - Young Dieter (lead: intended victim)
- Pamela Munro - Gertrude
- John Prudhont - Military Historian
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Cardiac Electrophysiologist
- The story leaves out some details, like the actual date he died.
- This death is most likely based of the legend of Henry Ziegland. In 1893, after calling off his upcoming marriage, his heartbroken fiancé committed suicide. Enraged and distraught, her brother stormed onto Ziegland's property and shot at his head before turning the gun on himself. However, the bullet merely grazed Ziegland's head, embedding itself into a nearby tree. Twenty years later, while working in the garden with his son, needing to get rid of a tree, he rigged it with dynamite. Unbeknownst to either of them, this was the same tree that housed the same bullet that missed him by a few inches. Upon, detonating the dynamite, the bullet was released and struck Ziegland in the head, killing him instantly.
- Dishonorable Discharge (Spike TV website)
- Blast from the Past
- Blood Devil
- By The Brain-
- Golpe Maestro (Master Blow) - Latin American dub
- Un Nazi Menos (One Nazi Down) - Spanish dub