|Way to Die #539|
|Name of the death is a pun on "microwave" and "whacked"|
|"Drug abuse is bad for you and will eventually kill you. Bring a lava lamp into a microwave, and it will get you there in no time at all. Time's up, Dennis."|
|Date||October 21, 1992|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Micro-whacked", Way to Die #539, is the third death to be featured in "Death Watch", which aired on January 27, 2010.
A drug addict named Dennis abused everything from pain killers to antidepressants to cocaine to crystal meth.
"There was no substance that he hadn't, or wouldn't, abuse. His brains weren't just fried, they were burnt to a crisp."
Dennis tries a random combination of drugs each night. One, night Dennis takes a combination of pills that makes him see things slower. Dennis tries to talk on the phone, but they can't keep up with him. He tries to listen to music, but with his perception of time skewed, it's also too slow. Finally, Dennis tries to watch his lava lamp. Not moving fast enough for him, Dennis decides to put the lava lamp in the microwave. After a few minutes of microwaving, the lava lamp explodes and Dennis is killed by a combination of the boiling hot liquid and the shards of glass embedded in his head and his skull, sending the impatient drug addict to the hell he deserves.
- Dr. Kim Henderson - Toxicologist
- Dr. Steven Kim - Biochemist
- This is the first of the only two deaths that take place on October 21 of a certain year, the second and final death to be on the day itself is Hummus Among Us.
- In 2004, Phillip Quinn, who was a 24-year-old from Kent, Washington, was killed while heating up a lava lamp on his kitchen stove. The lamp exploded and a shard pierced his heart. Link: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lava-lamp-death/
- In 2014, YouTube user MicrowaveMeShow uploaded a video of microwaving a lava lamp where he referenced both lava lamp deaths "1000 Ways To Die" and "Mythbusters" and nearly ended up as a third casualty himself when he opened the door after it failed to explode after 20 minutes in the microwave. 
- Micro-Waxed (Spike TV)